Cannabis oil can help treat breast cancer – and the side effects of chemotherapy. Cannabis oil is a non-invasive and natural treatment. It has no negative side effects, unlike many cancer treatments like chemotherapy. Chemotherapy affects every cell in the body, while cannabis oil only affects the cancer cells, leaving alone the healthy cells.
There is both anecdotal and scientific evidence to suggest that cannabis oil does indeed kill cancer cells and stop tumours from growing and spreading.
Cannabis Oil Can Slow Down Breast Cancer
There are several ways in which the cannabinoids in cannabis can stop cancer in its tracks. Cancer cells are unlike healthy cells as they do not die but continue to spread and multiply. When cancer patients take cannabis oils constantly for a period, they keep up the metabolic pressure on cancer cells to die and to stop proliferating. It is therefore safe to say that cannabis oil can kill your cancer.
CBD and THC Can Help Treat Breast Cancer
Studies have revealed that cannabis cannabinoids tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD) interact with CB1 and CB2 cannabinoid receptors on cancer cells which encourages increased ceramide. This forces the cancer cells to commit suicide, or experience programmed cell death, which is essential for the maintenance of normal cellular homeostasis and is an important physiological response to many forms of cellular stress.
Cannabis oil has several anti-cancer properties. It is anti-emetic (decreases nausea and vomiting), anti-tumour (hinders the growth of tumours), analgesic (relieves pain), stimulates appetite, reduces stress and insomnia. This means that cannabis oil can be used to treat the symptoms of cancer, and to reduce the progress of the cancer.
Cannabis Oil Can Help Treat Breast Cancer
- Anti-emetic – CBD can work with the body’s endocannabinoid system, activating specific receptors in the brain that help to suppress nausea and vomiting.
- Anti-tumour – Cannabinoids can suppress tumours by forcing cancer cells to commit suicide. This also hinders the growth of cells and slows down the development of blood vessels that tumours depend on to grow. Cannabinoids can also stop metastasis, the breaking away of cancer cells from a tumour, to form a new tumour elsewhere in the body, using the blood or lymph system as their conveyer belt.
- Analgesic – Cannabinoids cling to CB1 endocannabinoid receptors in the central nervous system and in the peripheral nerve endings. They also cling to CB2 endocannabinoid receptors in peripheral tissue of the immune system. Cannabinoids reduce pain when they act on the spine and surrounding regions of the body, influencing pain pathways travelling up and down this central and peripheral nervous system. CBD and THC are both natural anti-inflammatory compounds – when CBD clings to CB2 receptors, it releases anti-inflammatory agents including serotonin and histamine – having an effect like that of morphine.
- Appetite stimulation – the body’s innate endocannabinoid system regulates many systems within the immune system, including appetite. THC is a great appetite stimulant in that it clings to CB1 receptors in the brain which could be linked to the perceptions of eating and getting rewards.
- Stress and insomnia – The endocannabinoid system can help to regulate moods and destroy any unpleasant, negative memories. CBD is a known anti-anxiety compound, calming people down and reducing stress. When cannabinoids work with the endocannabinoid system, they can induce better sleep patterns, so reducing insomnia and allowing the patient to calm down, eat well and sleep.
More About Breast Cancer and Cannabis Oil
CBD and THC also have anti-proliferative powers in that they can halt the spread of cancer cells which refuse to stop growing. CBD has been shown to protect cancer patients from cancer cell movements, their grip on other cells and their general assault on the body and its natural cells. Cannabinoids can block metastasis – tumours can no longer travel to other parts of the body, spreading the cancer. Earlier research revealed that THC induces apoptosis in tumour cells so that they do die.
Cannabis oil can help treat breast cancer as it is a natural pain killer and anti-inflammatory. Go for it, try cannabis oil today but do get in touch with us first and don’t forget to consult your doctor to make sure you are doing the right thing for your current medication.